An individual businessperson (empresario individual) is a natural person who is going to conduct an economic activity in order to obtain profit.
The main characteristics of an individual businessperson are:
- These are natural persons who regularly, personally, directly, in self-employed fashion and outside the scope of another person’s management and organisation, conduct an economic or professional activity for profit, regardless of whether or not they employ workers.
- Said freelance or self-employed activity may be full- or part-time
- As a natural person, they are liable for their debts and obligations with their own personal equity.
- Their NIF (Tax ID Number) is their own DNI (National ID Number)
- They pay taxes through the Personal Income Tax (IRPF) (economic activity annex).
- Progressive taxation.
- In principle, unlimited liability.
Agro-Food and Fisheries Sector Observatory
All the latest news from the Basque Agrifood and Fishing Sector.
Do you not find what you are looking for?
Tell us about your project
Fill in the form to send us your project and an expert will contact you.