Since it was created in September 2011, Basque Culinary Center has been working to become an international role model, driving gastronomy as a springboard for socioeconomic development through the Faculty of Gastronomic Sciences and the Technological Sectorial Centre.
The Faculty offers the higher training cycle for Gastronomical Sciences, as well as different master’s degrees.
At the Technological Centre, they conduct research and innovation projects with companies and other sectorial agents while driving entrepreneurship and the creation of new business throughout the entire gastro-food chain.
A few figures
- 390 jobs.
- In four years, it has generated 45 million euros, a 24 million euro contribution to the GDP.
- In 2017: Award from the Istanbul Gastromasa Gastronomy Conference for social development and developing economic potential of gastronomy.
It conducts and participates in international events, of which the following are of note:
- Culinary action, with different kinds of activities:
- International forum with entrepreneurs and meeting forums.
- Annual acceleration processes.
- LABe: This is a laboratory, a living lab, that drives technological innovation in the sector, especially in the last part of its chain of value. In it, start-ups interact with established companies and knowledge-creation centres to co-create, experiment, develop, test and validate new products and services adapted to consumer reality. There is a physical experimentation space in a real context.
- Start-ups competition in gastronomic tourism through the World Tourism Forum.