ELIKA is a Public Foundation attached to the Vice-Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Policy of the Basque Government’s Ministry of Economic Development and Infrastructures, whose objective is to serve as a tool to achieve the highest possible level of Agrifood Safety in the BAC.
A few figures
- 9 people (6 women and 3 men)
- Budget: 600.000 euros
- In 2019: Golden “A”, Basque Advanced Management Award
Worthy of note among the actions by Elika are:
- Scientific and technical advice to the administrations on how to apply the Food Safety policy.
- Support and assistance to operators in the food chain to help them understand and apply Food Safety requirements.
- The issuing of information and communication on subjects of major impact and topicality in the field of Food Safety, generating knowledge and contributing value to the Basque society.