This is a public, not-for-profit company, under the Basque Government Department for Economic Development and Infrastructure, committed to the following R+D+i objectives:
- Improving productivity and competitiveness of agricultural production systems.
- Developing and applying new management technologies to operations.
- Meeting quality and safety requirements for the agro-food transformation industry, its products and the consumer.
Moreover, it conducts knowledge-transfer and training actions, with its own resources and infrastructure, as well as highly-qualified staff.
A few figures
- 170 jobs.
- Business figure: 11.8 million euros in revenue.
Its areas of action include:
- Plant production.
- Animal production.
- Animal health.
- Conservation of natural resources.
- Forestry sciences.